From a Pot: Sweet Potato with Avocado and Egg
Start the day with a delicious and healthy baked sweet potato with avocado and egg brunch.
This recipe is what I call breakfast and brunch goals. If you have some time to spare in the morning, then this recipe is perfect for you. So filling and perfect to kick start your morning. This recipe is also very versatile so if you for example don’t like fried eggs you can make scrambled, poached, boiled or skip them all together.
Sweet potato is also a great toast alternative option, if you want something gluten- free to start your day. So if you like sweet potatoes like me, this recipe is perfect for you. It’s healthy, full of nutrients and most importantly it tastes amazing.
Prep Time:5 Minutes
Cook Time:5 Minutes
Bake Time:20 Minutes
Total Time:30 Minutes
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Small pan
- Cutting board
- Sweet potato: 0.5
- Olive oil
- Paprika powder
- Avocado: 0.5
- Garlic powder
- Egg: 1.0
Ingredients and Instructions
Sweet potato: 0.5
Olive oil: 1 tsp
Salt: 0.5 tsp
Paprika powder: 0.5 tsp
Pepper: 0.3 tsp
Garlic powder: 0.5 tsp
Salt: 0.3 tsp
Pepper: 0.3 tsp
Oil: 1 tbs
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil with all the seasoning for sweet potato.
- Wash the potato and slice it with a knife lengthwise into even slices. Use a sharp knife.
- Spread the seasoning evenly onto the potato slices and place them on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them at 200 degrees Celsius (392 F) for about 20 - 30 minutes. Flip them around once while baking so that they will bake evenly and be crispy on both sides. Be careful while flipping, so that they don’t fall apart.
- Baking time may vary based on how thick you cut the potato.
- Cut the avocado open and remove the seed.
- With a spoon, scoop the avocado out into a bowl. Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes. You can also add a splash of lemon juice.
- Smash the avocado with a fork to the texture you like. Leave it chunky or smash it until smooth.
- In a pan, heat the oil and crack in the egg. Fry it until the yolk is to your desired consistency.
- Place the potato onto a plate and spread the avocado onto it. Top the avocado with an egg. Sprinkle with salt and chili flecks,
- What can I use instead of eggs?
- If you would like to make a vegan version of this meal, you can skip the eggs and use tofu instead. Cut the tofu into cups, toss it in some olive oil with salt and pepper and bake it in the oven together with potato pieces.
- Air fryer baking
- If you own an air fryer, you’re in luck, because then you’ll have this breakfast ready in just 15 minutes instead of 30 minutes. Bake it at 200 degrees Celsius (392 F) for about 10 minutes. Baking time may vary based on how thick you cut the potatoes.
- Do I have to peel the potatoes?
- No. You can leave the peel on, just wash them well. The peel will make potatoes even more crunchy.
- Did you know that sweet potato is anything but a potato? Yes, you heard that right, sweet potato is actually a root. They are unrelated to white potatoes.
- They are also one of the most nutritious vegetables. They are high in vitamin A and C, iron, and potassium. Furthermore, they have almost no fat, which makes them great for those watching their weight.