From a Pot Recipe: Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Simple recipe for the best creamy cauliflower soup that is simple yet delicius.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup is a comforting and healthy dish made by cooking and pureeing cauliflower with milk or cream, creating a rich and velvety texture. It is a low-calorie, high-nutrient dish that is easy to make and can be garnished with various toppings such as croutons, chopped herbs, or grated cheese. It's a great way to add more vegetables to your diet and can be enjoyed as a starter or main course.
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Cook Time:30 Minutes
Total Time:40 Minutes
- Cauliflower: 500.0 g
- Butter: 20.0 g
- Cooking cream: 50.0 ml
- Vegetable soup base: 600.0 ml
- Onion: 1.0
Ingredients and Instructions
Cauliflower: 500 g
Butter: 20 g
Cooking cream: 50 ml
Vegetable soup base: 600 ml
Salt: 1 tsp
Pepper: 0.5 tsp
Thyme: 0.3 tsp
Nutmeg: 0.2 tsp
- Wash the cauliflower and cut it into smaller pieces. Peel and slice the onion into small pieces.
- Melt the butter in a pot and saute the onions until soft, then add in the cauliflower, salt, pepper and pour over vegetable soup base.
- Cover the pot with a lid and simmer the cauliflower for about 20 minutes to soften.
- Then add in the cream. Wait a minute or so for the soup to simmer a bit more, then blend it.
- Topp the soupe with some parsley, thyme and nutmeg, I added a few pieces of walnuts and some olive oil.
- You can also use coconut milk, almond milk or some other substitute instead of heavy cream.
- Instead of butter you can use olive oil, coconut butter …
- If you find the soup too thick, add a little more soup broth to thin it out.
- Cauliflower is a low-calorie vegetable and an excellent source of vitamin C. One cup of cooked cauliflower contains only 29 calories and 77% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C.
- Cauliflower is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate. It also contains small amounts of other vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin B6, potassium, and manganese.
- Cauliflower is low in calories and high in fiber, making it a great addition to a weight-loss diet.
- The most common variety of cauliflower is white, but it also comes in other colors such as orange, purple, and green.
- Cauliflower is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, which have been linked to various health benefits such as reducing the risk of cancer and heart disease.